Happy Sunday/Monday friends! Thank you for stopping by for the fifth post in my weekly Sunday Morning series where I share links, recipes, and thoughts from the past week.
This post is going up Monday because this past week has been such a whirlwind! I'm writing this from the ATL airport at 5:15 am waiting to board my flight for NYC. I'm going up for the week for work and to spend time with friends. It's my first time back in the city since we moved away so I'm so excited!
This past week I was able to test out a few new recipes with the beautiful produce I received from our CSA from Woodland Gardens. Here's a photo of what was in last week's box. I promptly made the Black Fruit Tart from Yossy Arefi's cookbook as soon as I saw those figs! I used the eggplant and tomatoes to make a goat cheese pizza too with a crust made from Love and Lemons cookbook. Highly recommend!
On Saturday I delivered my first official cake order! It was a tiered vanilla cake with lemon curd, vanilla buttercream, and decorated with fresh sunflowers. If you live in the Athens/Atlanta area, I would love to make you a custom cake for a special event! Contact me here if you're interested.
Here are a few links to things that caught my eye this week:
- How to cook okra. Truly I've never cooked with okra before and was fascinated by how many ways and uses there are for it. I'm trying to cook more with the seasons and what's available locally so that means lots of okra for us in the future.
- Blueberry chèvre cheesecake popsicles from Bojon Gourmet. Say no more.
- I had such a great conversation with my new friend Sophia about cooking and what it means to truly be excited about food! You can read an interview she had with Vogue here!
- In an attempt to lower our plastic use, we've been using these reusable produce bags and they've been great especially for storing in the fridge too!
What I’m making/baking/eating this week:
- I'm in NYC this week, so I'll 100% be eating my way through the city. Follow along on my Instagram if you love good food as much as I do.
- I'll be posting the recipes soon to the pasta salads I made in partnership with Nuovo Pasta. Can't wait!
- We are almost all set up in our little apartment in Athens. Here's a sweet photo of our dining area. We hung up our favorite painting of NYC. Frank surprised me with it for Christmas this past year, it's of the entrance to Central Park from our old street, E 79th! Such a special place for us.
Do you guys have any cooking or baking questions that have been on your mind or dishes you want to cook? Let me know in the comments, send me an email, or DM me on Instagram, I’d be more than happy to help!
Be sure to follow along on Instagram. If you make any recipes, I would love to see, so feel free to tag me in your recipes posts!