Happy Sunday friends! Thank you for stopping by for the fourth post in my weekly Sunday Morning series where I share links, recipes, and thoughts from the past week.
This past Wednesday we moved to Athens! We are still getting settled in and loving our new apartment. It is walking distance to Frank's office and only 2 minutes walk to a bookstore, grocery store, multiple restaurants, a bakery, and coffee shops. The dream truly.
I got to break in my new kitchen with these incredible Salted Butter Chocolate Chunk Shortbread cookies. Please see this as a PSA to make them ASAP.
I headed over to the local farmers market on Saturday and got the most beautiful produce and honey from the farmers. We signed up for a CSA from Woodland Gardens and we get our first box this week! I'm so excited to share and learn more about preparing vegetables I've never worked with before like okra and rutabaga.
Here are a few links to things that caught my eye this week:
- I bought this cookbook, Simply Vibrant, written the women behind Golubka Kitchen. It is filled with seasonal plant-based recipes with incredible flavor and color. Highly recommend checking out their blog!
- Shaved cucumber lemon labneh toast. I first had labneh at a Turkish restaurant in NYC and have been in love with it ever since. It's the perfect spreadable yogurt.
- This lemon gelato. Lemons are so useful in the kitchen in so many ways from zest to juice to the full lemon rind.
What I’m making/baking/eating this week:
- Loooots of ice cream. Peach. Vanilla. Blueberry. Mint Melon Sorbet. Really giving my ice cream maker a run for its money. I'm referencing Nice Cream, The Perfect Scoop, and Sweeter off the Vine. Thoughts on carrot cake ice cream?
- I posted the recipe for bread + butter pickles this week and it includes everything I learned about pickling, if you want to give it a read.
- I loved seeing your responses to my Instagram Poll yesterday! More than 80% of those who answered said they have an intolerance to gluten, dairy, or refined sugar. I'm so excited to share more recipes with alternative ingredients for those with food intolerances.
Do you guys have any cooking or baking questions that have been on your mind or dishes you want to cook? Let me know in the comments, send me an email, or DM me on Instagram, I’d be more than happy to help!
Be sure to follow along on Instagram + tag me in your recipes posts!