Happy Sunday/Monday friends! Thank you for stopping by for the sixth post in my weekly Sunday Morning series where I share links, recipes, and thoughts from the past week.
I spent this past week in NYC for work visiting my team up there, meeting with clients, and catching up with friends. It was definitely a good time. We ate, drank, talked, and ate some more. Such a good feeling being surrounded by people who encourage you to be your best self and accomplish your goals and dreams. I'm back in Athens feeling refreshed and excited.
Saturday we went to the Farmer's Market and got tons of beautiful produce for the week. Frank planned a very sweet day this weekend where we went to my favorite restaurants in Athens, we had ice cream, watched movies, adventured around, and had time to spend together which we haven't had in a few weeks with the move. It was much needed.
Since I wasn't able to cook in NYC this past week, I ate out with friends, went to dinner, had some seriously delicious food, and I am more than ready to cook this week.
Here are a few links to things that caught my eye this week:
- Six Seasons by Joshua McFadden. Based on the idea of eating with the season, his recipes and flavors are out of this world creative and I get so inspired every time I open the dang book. Highly recommend for those trying to incorporate more produce, especially produce in season locally to your area. It's a lot more cost effective to follow the seasons when buying groceries and Joshua makes it exciting and flavorful like smashed Fava Beans, Pecorino, and mint on toast. Ok yum.
- Loving Jessie's juice blends. Really craving juices this week, probably to make up for all the yummy and filling foods from NYC. Sometimes you just gotta live a little.
- Cappello's Pasta! I cannot sing enough praise for their pastas. I'm still trying to learn how to make grain-free pasta, but until then, I'll be stocking up on their tortellini and spaghetti, especially now that it's almost fall weather time! Too soon?
What I’m making/baking/eating this week:
- I stocked a bar cart to surprise Frank this weekend. We are now equipped to make all kinds of cocktails and concoctions like this Grapefruit + Sage Champagne Cocktail.
- Anything from Alison Roman's new cookbook Dining In. So many beautiful recipes. Maybe the Skillet Chicken with Crushed Olives and Sumac! I made her sautéed radishes on Friday night. Incredible.
- Really craving a fresh dessert, like a pavlova or sorbet. So probably something of the sort. Truly anything from Sweeter Off the Vine, because Yossy is a fruit dessert genius.
- Just feeling very grateful for you all! I love getting emails, questions, etc about recipes and cooking. Feel free to let me know your questions in the comments, send me an email here, or DM me on Instagram, I’d be more than happy to help!
Be sure to follow along on Instagram. If you make any recipes, I would love to see, so feel free to tag me in your recipes posts!
Have a great week!