Happy Sunday friends! Thank you for stopping by for the third post in my weekly Sunday Morning series where I share links, recipes, and thoughts from the past week.
This past week very similar to last: working in Atlanta, reading cookbooks, writing, working some more, watching tutorial videos on frosting buttercream cakes and testing out four different versions of vanilla cake with citrus buttercream and lemon curd! We still have cake in our fridge left over after many many taste tests. Please, someone, take it away.
Here are a few links to things that caught my eye this week:
- I went down a rabbit role learning how to pipe buttercream roses. Best of luck if you get caught down it too. I mean, look how beautiful!!
- Also, these buttercream peonies...
- Surprise, I ate a pluot!
- Bon Appetit Magazine's Youtube Channel is absolute solid gold.
- This Passionfruit Tart with Orange Mascarpone Cream....*quickly googles goat cheese mascarpone options*
- Currently reading: vintage cookbooks we found in Frank's great-aunt's boxes. To make from Ford Treasury of Favorite Recipes from Famous Eating Places: pineapple cream pie, peach ice cream, and sunset farm plum rum jam. The illustrations and ingredients just make me smile.
- Channeling my inner Molly Yeh to one day decorate my cakes with colored marzipan.
- This dreamy minty greeny cast iron saucepan!
- Bought tons of baking supplies for my cake orders in August, like a cake leveler, edible food grade pen, floral wire - who knew these were all things bakers used to make cakes beautiful?!
- Learned that this is the best paring knife - ranked by Good Housekeeping, the Wirecutter, and many other consumer reports. And it's only $8.79!
- Any shoes from ATP Atelier. I found myself on their site at leasttttt 6 times this week. It's a problem, but I keep feeding the problem by buying more shoes. It's a cycle I live in, it's fine. Currently waiting on their forest green slip on mules to get to my door soon! They are my favorite bag + shoe brand out of Sweden with minimal well-made leather goods. Definitely check them out!
What I’m making/baking/eating this week:
- Using the leftover lemon curd for this blueberry lemon curd tart
- Aperol Spritz with my Carry-on Cocktail Kit!
- Soooooo much more lemon cake testing and cake decorating practice. So. Many. YouTube. Tutorials.
- I worked with Nuovo Pasta this week to help create a few recipes featuring their delicious tortellini! A recipe will be posted soon for the Arugula, Asparagus, and Grilled Peach Pasta Salad. Until this point in my life I had never grilled a peach. I will 100% be doing that again but with coconut ice cream and vegan caramel!
- I learned how to pickle yesterday from Frank's Aunt Tammy and I am so excited to share all the things I've learned. Maybe I'll start earning my true southerner cooking badges soon. Here’s a picture of her a little shed near the garden we’re planting!
Do you guys have any cooking or baking questions that have been on your mind or dishes you want to cook? Let me know in the comments, send me an email, or DM me on Instagram, I’d be more than happy to help!
Be sure to follow along on Instagram + tag me in your recipes posts!