Happy Sunday everyone! So happy you stopped by for the second post in my weekly Sunday Morning series where I share links, recipes, and thoughts from the past week.
I spent this past week working in Atlanta, reading cookbooks, writing, and testing out recipes to share with you all! We drove out to Athens on Friday and brought some items to our storage unit and to spend some time there because we move in 10 days!!! We are overjoyed and excited to finally be there.
Here are a few links to things that caught my eye this week:
- Hellooooo to these frozen negronis. On my list to make and drink.
- Blackberry infused earl grey iced tea. I have a thing for blackberries lately.
- This lemon yogurt smoothie. Veggie packed and citrusy with coconut milk + coconut yogurt. Will report back on this one, I have a feeling it will not disappoint.
- Anything with beets and goat cheese. Seriously anything.
- Coconut yogurt waffles (GF + V) from the Minimalist Baker. I love CoYo brand but she has a great DIY coconut yogurt recipe that costs 1/5 of the price to make vs. buy!
- Currently reading: The Fearless Baker. I'm almost finished, the pie crust section really did me in. I want to absorb all of her knowledge because she is so talented! I have my eye on Dining In next. I've heard incredible reviews and can't wait to dive in.
- I revisited Jessie's blog, Faring Well, this past week and spent 30 minutes gawking at her beautiful photography and creative recipes. She is so talented and her recipes are worth making, I promise you.
- Walked into the best store in Athens on Friday called Community. They repurpose thrifted clothes and rework them into modern styles. They also do sewing classes! Definitely considering signing up, so fun and I've always wanted to learn.
What I’m making/baking/eating this week:
- I made chocolate chip cookies from Sweet Laurel but added blackberries as well. They came out a little too crumbly, so thank you for your patience as I try and perfect the recipe before I share it!
- This nicoise salad and this salad too!
- Lemon cake from How To Bake Everything to test for a client order – full of gluten and dairy, wish me luck.
- I wrote a post about why I stopped drinking coffee, you can read it here!
- My recipes are officially published in print and online in Coeur d'Alene Living Local! You can read them here and here. Excited is an understatement.
- This past week we did a giveaway on Instagram for Stasher Bags and Healthy Human Life tumblers. We loved the excitement for Plastic Free July and your commitment to living with less plastic.
- Does anyone have experience with organic gardening? We are looking into tips and techniques to start to grow our own vegetables and we honestly know nothing. Any help or book suggestions are more than appreciated!
- Working on a few new recipes and projects this week, so excited to share them with you!
Do you guys have any cooking or baking questions that have been on your mind or dishes you want to cook? Let me know in the comments, send me an email, or DM me on Instagram, I’d be more than happy to help!
Be sure to follow along on Instagram + tag me in your recipes posts!