I have a slight obsession with sweet potatoes. I've made them sweet, savory, and in so many dishes in the past year that I've almost - emphasis on almost - worn myself out with the sweet little root veggie.
At the grocery store I would reach for the frozen processed sweet potatoes to make at home that I had no idea were filled with salt, sugar, and preservatives. Here is a simple little recipe that uses only 3 ingredients and takes under an hour. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Fries
Time: 45 minutes
- 6 Japanese sweet potatoes - washed, quartered, and thinly sliced for ultimate 'fry'
- Extra-virgin olive oil (My favorite olive oil)
- Salt + Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and chop sweet potatoes.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay sweet potatoes on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and top with salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes (or until crisp with brown edges) - rotating halfway through.
- Let cool and enjoy with hummus, or like a regular french fry with your favorite ketchup!
- Store up to 10 days in the fridge.
If you end up making this recipe, please let me know by leaving a comment below! I love to hear about your experiences and ideas.