Hi, everyone! I'm so excited to finally start adding my How To: Basics recipes to the website! I am so passionate about simple basic recipes you can make from home that are traditionally store-bought, but can contain loads of sugar, dairy, and processed ingredients.
Italian Herbed Polenta with sauteéd kale + mushrooms
Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups of dry polenta
- 8 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup of stemmed kale
- 1 cup of sliced button mushrooms
- Extra-virgin olive oil (My favorite olive oil)
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Oregano + basil to taste
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add 2 cups of polenta to the boiling water and stir gently. Bring heat down to low.
- While the polenta is simmering, be sure to stir it every 3-5 minutes. Cook for 30-40 minutes until thickened.
- Now, add olive oil to a large fry pan and heat to medium-low.
- Add 1 cup of sliced mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Now, add 1 cup of stemmed chopped kale to the fry pan. Cook until wilted (you may have to add 1/4 cup of water on top of the kale to soften it). Season with salt to your taste.
- Check on the polenta, and once thickened, stir in 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk, salt, garlic powder, oregano, and basil. Stir on low until combined.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve topped with the kale and mushrooms.
I love sharing my recipes with you all! I would love to know how you liked them, and encourage you to leave a comment below and let me know!