To celebrate the big solar eclipse, I made these little beauties. The chocolate glaze isn't necessary, but it makes them so much more fun, right?
Prep time: 45 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Total time: 1 hour
Author: Marina Gunn | Recipe type: Dessert | Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free | Serves: 12
The best easy vegan, gluten-free dessert made with only 9 ingredients! Great for last minute guests or a late night snack!
Dark Chocolate Chip Eclipse Cookies (GF + V)
- 1 1/4 cups GF flour
- 1/4 cup + 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate (bar or chips), chopped
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (or 2 eggs if not vegan) or substitute a flax egg
- 3 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together GF flour, dark chocolate chips, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, use a mixer to beat the aquafaba until light and fluffy and loose peaks have formed.
- To the aquafaba, add 3 Tbsp of melted coconut oil and vanilla and whisk to combine. Add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Scoop out 1 /1/2-Tablespoon amounts of dough and form into small discs.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet with about a 1-inch gap between each cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes on a drying rack.
- Melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips with 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a small bowl over a double boiler. Dip your cookies and let dry on a drying rack.
*Recipe closely adapted and inspired by the fabulous Minimalist Baker's recipe for Almond Meal Chocolate Chip Cookies - she's incredible. Her recipe was adapted from these Almond Meal Cookies with Coconut and Chocolate Chips (which are from the Sprouted Kitchen Cookbook).