As fall approaches and days get shorter, so does your time to make dinner and pull together whatever is left in your fridge to resemble any sort of nutritious meal, especially when you're busy working and traveling.
I wrote these 3 short recipes to be easy, quick, and convenient, and can be used with organic canned or frozen veggies, for a beautiful dinner in under 30 minutes.
BASIL, TOMATO, + KALE PASTA
Gluten-free penne pasta, kale, white beans, cherry tomatoes, basil + optional red pepper flakes
1. Sauté organic frozen kale and white beans in a skillet until heated
2. While the kale and beans are cooking, boil 6 cups of water with a dash of salt, and cook pasta for 8-10 minutes (I love Banza Chickpea Pasta. It tastes delicious and it's gluten-free!)
3. Toss pasta together with the beans and kale, adding cherry tomatoes, basil and red pepper, olive oil, and salt to taste.
ITALIAN FAGIOLI SOUP
Gluten-free pasta, spinach, carrots, roasted tomatoes, leek, and onion
1. Sauté spinach, onion, carrots, leeks, canned roasted tomatoes in a sauce pan until heated thoroughly.
2. While the spinach and ingredients are sauteéing are cooking, boil 6 cups of water with a dash of salt, and cook pasta for 8-10 minutes (I love Banza Chickpea Pasta. It tastes delicious and it's gluten-free!)
3. Add pasta to sauce pan with olive oil, and salt to taste. If you need more broth, add some vegetable broth and let simmer for 10 minutes.
TRUFFLED MACARONI AND CHEESE
Gluten-free wheel pasta, vegan mozzarella, unsweetened almond milk, Gluten-free Panko breading, red pepper flakes, truffle oil
1. Boil 6 cups of water with a dash of salt, and cook pasta for 8-10 minutes (I love Banza Chickpea Pasta. It tastes delicious and it's gluten-free!)
2. In a sauce pan, heat 6 ounces of shredded vegan cheese and 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk and simmer until cheese is melted.
3. Mix together pasta and cheese and fill personal sized cast-iron skillets or into a casserole dish.
4. Top with panko breading, red pepper flakes, and drizzle with truffle oil.
5. Broil for 5 minutes or until crisp. Finish with a tad more truffle oil and serve!
If you've decided to make any of these dishes, please let me know here. I'd love to hear feedback from you all!
Have a great week and happy cooking!